HEY HI HELLO THERE You! Welcome! We will be continueing a tradition that has gone back many, many years. Namely, the beautiful, magnificent, blissful, and wonderful.... Christmas Holidays Building Extravaganza (contest)! For the 8th year in a row players from ALL OVER MIDDLE-EARTH will be competing over the most Christmas-y build. Do you accept this challenge?
Without further ado, without goobing around, we will be starting the contest NOW. Sign up either through the forums or by messaging a staff member and you'll get your plot assigned. What then? Well you build! This year's theme will be A DWARVEN CHRISTMAS! What does that mean? Whatever you can make it mean! Will you carve out a mountain? Will you make an outpost? Will you hop in a barrel down the river? Will you gather a multitude of armies? It matters not, as long as it has a Dwarven Christmas spirit! Lacking some inspiration? No worries, visit the /warp Christmas and look around several to see what the brave contestants before you created.
We have a few rules, limitations, and of course interesting rewards. First and foremost, unlike last year, we're trying out the bronze banner size limits again as Dwarves do pretty well working in depth, rather than width. Yep, that's right, you can go as tall and as deep as you possibly can; as long as you stay within the borders and do your best not to awake any balrogs! Talking about borders, you can customize them however you want as well.
Your build will be judged based on the following FOUR criteria:
• Originality: 1-5 (How does your build stand out?)
• Technique: 1-5 (From a building standpoint)
• Funny/Story: 1-5 (Is your build humorous? And/or does it tell a story?)
• Theme: 1-5 (How well does your build fit the theme of the event?)
The three builds with the highest scores will be the winners! Be sure to read the rules below to stay in line with them!
• The event will last a couple of weeks starting Today. During this time, you may build on your plot to create your best possible Dwarven Christmas themed build! At the end of the event, staff will judge and select the top 3 who will receive prizes!
• You may add friends to your plot but only one prize per plot will be given out!
• Building materials are NOT provided.
• WE/VS/Staff Help will not be used to construct the builds! Everything must be done by hand.
THE PRIZES ON TOP OF WHAT IS LISTED HERE ARE SUPER GENEROUS, SO DON'T HESITATE!
• 1st Place: MAJOR LORE ITEM
• 2nd Place: MAJOR LORE ITEM
• 3rd Place: LESSER LORE ITEM
• All participators receive a goody bag!
As usual, in order to get your plot, you must post a message with your IGN here on the forums (or message a staff member on Discord) and a plot will be assigned to you shortly afterwards. Get to the build contest area via `/warp Christmas`!