Posted on the original Enjin Forums by: "Taritie" on: (Sun, 30 Oct 2022 23:15:58 GMT), F0000591
In Game Name: Taritie
Discord Tag: Taritie#9578
When I first started playing: Around Jul 1st 2016
Time played on the server: 16.49 days (I think this only includes since I rejoined a month ago)
What are some examples of your leadership and/or teamwork experiences?
On server my experiences including being the leader of Umbar for Umbar for a time, leader of Avara (Fell apart cause school ended, gg), and being a part of numerous fellowships to help build things for people or simply to help create wars.
- IRL my experiences include leading a project team at a library located in my township. Participating in team experience to publish a local magazine in a club. Working as an assistant to a librarian. Working in a team setting for a privately owned marketing firm.
What do you excel at?
- Project planning, critical thinking, communication, typing(112wpm), organizing, keeping a team on task, and other needed skills that I have learned through work and clubs.
How familiar are you with the Lord of the Rings mod?
- I have been playing it off and on since a year after it was first created. I was also friends with 3 ex-mod team members.
What is an example of personal growth you have done recently?
- I would say the greatest personal growth I have gone through recently is doing better at time management. With taking college, two jobs, two clubs, and Minecraft I have been rather busy, but I so far always manage to have time just because of how seamlessly I move between them.
What is your role in the community, currently?
- Currently I am apart of Dunland as the Wolf of Dunland and have built two builds in Dunland as well as very minor touch ups on interiors of the capital of Dunland. I am also a member of the discord.
The last time you found yourself in a disagreement with another player, how did you approach it?
- The last time I had a disagreement would have to be switchandswap. He believed since I joined Dunland that I did so because I wanted to be apart of a faction with an admin. He became convinced that I was now hunting him and was planning to take all his stuff. The way I handled it was I direct messaged him in Minecraft saying that I disagreed with him and why. I then got on discord and thoroughly explained that I have no intentions of hunting him and that even if I did, I would not take his stuff. My whole reason for joining Dunland was because of my love for barbarian factions.
Naturally, not everything is perfect on TOR; what do you think needs improvement?
- I believe that the server could use more concrete and universal war rules. I am a fan of consistency and I believe part of the reason people do not engage in wars is because of arguments over war rules.
Lastly, what motivates you to continue playing and to apply to the staff team?
- What motivates me to continue playing is that Minecraft is my way of destressing. With this in mind, I never believed I would apply for staff on TOR because I have been an admin on a different server before. I learned firsthand that being an admin is a lot of work and a hassle. I do not know if I ever would want to be of such a high position again, but I do love helping others and assisting when I can. The whole reason I even attempted to be an admin on another server was because I enjoyed helping others.