Posted on the original Enjin Forums by: "Taritie" on: (Wed, 21 Sep 2022 18:22:40 GMT), F0000547
Suggestion Concept: Minor tweaks simply to encourage role-play, immersion into created characters, more commitment to factions, and more drama and choices for conflict and/or peace between factions.
Reason for Suggestion: I have noticed certain players having a hard time relating to their faction or changing factions on a regular basis. This is for a variety of reasons and the main comment I hear is because they do not feel that the faction is necessarily for them. A way to help out the people that are having this trouble and to also revive players who are feeling dry in the factions they are committed too, I propose minor tweaks to role-play. Encouraging role-play and immersion will help people feel more connected and bonded not only to their chosen faction, but also encourage different ways of resolving issues and creating unique identities for each player.
Execution: Something as vague and generic as role-play enhancements can be as simple or complex as the staff would like to take it. Instead of saying that the staff has to do this or that, I instead included suggestions that players have sent to me and will offer them to you.
(THESE SUGGESTIONS ARE SIMPLY THAT, I AM NOT SAYING THEY MUST BE IMPLEMENTED)
Suggestion 1: A place on the forum, discord, and/or inside Minecraft where players can write down stories, lore, or custom characters that help build immersion.
- Suggestion 2: Allow players to accomplish feats, accomplishments, or special quests given by staff to gain custom titles within their chosen faction. This could also be given/handed out to the faction leaders and could simply inform staff when the leader feels they are worthy.
- Suggestion 3: Having a role-play section in the discord where characters can express themselves and the desires of their custom character/faction
- Suggestion 4: A place on the forum where people can petition to make their weapons considered lore weapons for their character. (The actual suggestion, the person wanted staff to make them weapons.)
- Suggestion 5: Giving rewards and bonuses for those players that are doing a good job at role-play.
- Suggestion 6: Encouraging factions to host their own events on the server. (I think this is basically a thing. I would consider this like wars and stuff, but the person insisted that this is unique. I think he meant more like players making events beyond wars and battles, but I do not know what that looks like.)
(To anyone that believes I forgot your suggestion or would like to include your own now that you have seen this board, please include it in the comments or dm me on discord under Taritie.)